Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dress-ups...



Ever since I was young dressing up, it was a dream. A key of transportation into another world, created by the extreme beauty of one's own imagination.
Over the years, sadly it is true, that the creativity is lost.
The portal starts to close and the key fades away.
Now only through our deepest inner hope can we escape to these worlds.

My greatest pleasure used to be wearing my mothers 'Princess Jasmine' pants that she had made when she was in her 20's. Although they where to big for me, they where, as I remember them... the most beautiful thing... holding with them the most precious world.

I have now grown older, as all of us do... strongly trying to grasp every last creative sense.
Now the only dressing up, is to a themed party; because it is considerate, not because we just want too. Now when we dress up, we still stay in reality, there is no more fairytale fantasy's, no more dragons and mermaids, no more leaving milk and cookies for Santa, no more playing...


p.s. I do believe in fairy's.


2 comments:

cha said...

They always keep in us a part of small girl which dreams to be a princess. I think that life sometimes lacks fancy cruelly!! We have to get dresses up makes us happy!
:)

Fete et Fleur said...

I have enjoyed reading the beginnings of your blog. I hope it becomes a catylst to share your wonderful design ideas with us. The secret garden tutu is just lovely!

Wishing you all the best!
Nancy