Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Artworks as inspiration...


Mona Lisa, By Leonardo da Vinci.

Designers have been know to draw inspiration from all sorts of things in their social environment;
although what I find the most interesting, and I suppose the most inspiring, is how designers draw inspiration from artworks.
The may be internationally renowned masterpieces, or they may simply be on a cafe` wall.
though it is this technique of taking inspiration, from an artwork, something that was originally inspired by perhaps another artwork that I find so grand.







So many designers use art as an inspiration, using already beautiful things to create more...

John Galliano...




The Scream, By Edvard Munch.




I Shop, Therefore I am
, By Barbara Kruger.




Marilyn Monroe, By Andy Warhol

Vivienne Westwood...



"Save the rain forest..."


The Birth of Venus, By Sandro Botticelli




No comments: