Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dolls...

It was my friends 18th birthday a few days ago, and as she has similar interests to my own I decided to created something that she could keep, that would comfort her, and always be special to her...
My mummy found a pattern for me, and off i went.
Sitting at my sewing desk for four solid days.

I made this one first, using a delicate striped fabric as the dress and then using a floral cotton to resemble an apron.



I stitched the hands together, adding a more feminine gesture...



Adding the sleeves to the dresses was the hardest part, as it was very fiddly and was not included in the original patten.

Honestly the best thing about making them was choosing the fabrics.
I have a soft spot for floral cottons!


The first doll was rather small for what I wanted, sitting approx. 15cm high &Standing approx. 30cm high.
So I therefore decided to create another one, just larger, by simply increasing the pattern pieces.



The eyes where added to the larger doll after the photo's where taken,
she looked a lot better than what you see here!



I hope you like the final result.
She surely did.